Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Two Cards - Two Styles


This week The Pink Elephant Challenge is to create your own embellishments. For this card, I created the beaded wire element. I like using lighter beading wire for cards in lieu of hat pins.  I also reformatted the flower by removing the center and adding a pearl.

I couldn't wait to ink up the new Affection Collection Stamp. It is such a great set offered in the new Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog. I am sure I will be using this set quite a bit this year.

Paper - Webster's Pages DSP, Lucky Limeade, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla card stock
Ink - Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, Bashful Blue, Crumb Cake
Accessories - Basic Pearls and Jewels, Very Vanilla seam binding, dimensionals, flower, beads, light gauge beading wire


For this card I created the rolled flower and hand cut leaves. The fiber is actually salvaged from some burlap place mats that we made for our school auction. Loving natural fibers, I couldn't throw these away and now use them on my projects.

Paper - Stella Rose DSP, Whisper White, More Mustard cardstock - ( I can't remeber where I purchased the blue cardstock or it's name)
Stamp - Petite Pairs
Ink - Marina Mist
Accessories - 3" Circle die, quilling tool, burlap fibers

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Tara! I love the rolled flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an artist girl! These are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both really great cards! Love the blue & yellow combo! So happy you shared with TPE this week! Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete