Friday, July 16, 2010

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 58 - Aviary





I am so excited about all the new stamps and papers from the new 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog. After a week's vacation in Washington, I couldn't wait to try my new items. I turned to Sweet Sketch Wednesday for inspiration for a layout. Each week SSW comes up with such cute sketches to try for your paper craft projects. I thought this sketch worked perfectly for my project where I just had to pair Aviary and Nursery Suite Designer Series Paper.

One of the stamps that just leaped off the page for me was the new Aviary set.  I had to have this one and adore this little owl. I paired Aviary with Nursery Suite DSP and a bit of Playground DSP. When looking at our Designer Series Papers, I always look at both sides. I will most likely never use the bunny images from Nursery Suite series, but I love the color combinations and modern look of the graphic designs. I knew, even though I don't have a need for baby themed items, I would get much use from this paper. So alway be sure to look at the graphic designs and color combinations on all the Designer Series Papers. The flip side may be just what you love.

Stamps - Aviary, Teeny Tiny wishes
Ink - old olive, regal rose, chocolate chip, baja breeze
Paper - Nursery Suite DSP, Playground DSP, chocolate chip, regal rose, pear pizzaz, whisper white card stock
Accessories - circle and scallop dies, word window punch, certainly celery ribbon, cafe latte button, dimensionals.

16 comments:

  1. Oh this is too cute!! Beautiful paper for a great card. Thanks for joining us at SSW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out so cute! I love the colors and the image! Awesome job! Thanks for playing!
    Erika - SSW

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, the image is just adorable, good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Great paper!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a cute card love the image and papers you have used and the colours go so well together. Thanks for joining us at SSW this week. Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I LOVE the owl on top of the bird cage! Too CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Tara! This is super cute. The image is very sweet & the colors are just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at SSW this week :)

    Genevieve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooooo cute!!!! I love that Aviary set, guess I'd better get it and start creating!! You've really inspired me!! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling card! I'm loving the new colors too from SU. Cute stamp set too! Glad you were able to vacation in Washington. It is beautiful here especially when the sun shines! It's nice that we are finally getting some of it! It was long coming this year! Thanks for playing at SSW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your paper and fun image. Thanks for joining us!
    Nancy SSW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! It's stunning! Love the stamps and papers, good thinking on the reverse side, colours are amazing! Thanks for playing at SSW!

    Jenny T.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun colors and adorable image. Love the owl. Thanks for playing along @SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable!!! I love those colors together and that stamp is adorable! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete