Thursday, September 23, 2010

PPA61 - Sketch Challenge






I needed a 50th birthday card and this week's PPA challenge offered a perfect sketch. Since I was keeping the card monochromatic, I wanted a lot of texture and some depth. I used two coats of clear embossing powder on the chipboard numbers to give them some shine that would contrast with the rough square lattice texture of the base. A little satin ribbon and an antique brad offer more textures to this simple card. 

Paper - Newsprint DSP, basic black card stock
Ink - basic black
Stamp - Afterthoughts ( hostess set)
Accessories - Chipboard Basics, black paint, clear embossing powder, black satin ribbon, antique brads, dimensionals, square lattice embossing folder.

4 comments:

  1. Wow those numbers look fabulous embossed! Of course those numbers look fabulous to me anyway since I reached that year over a decade ago :) Great look all the way around on this card! So glad you play :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Tara! Embossed chipboard, wow, it looks great. I love the shine against all the other patterns and textures. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a simple yet bold card!!! I love the color combo and the embossed background. So elegant looking. Thanks for playing with us @ PPA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a 50th birthday card! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete