Friday, January 28, 2011

A Valentine for Him




This is a masculine Valentine that we will be making this weekend in my Valentine class. Since all my stampers are women I wanted to focus on a Valentine for their husband or boyfriend. We will also be making some cute and fun Valentines for the kids or other sweeties as well.

This is actually a layout from a Stampin' 411 challenge last year. I like the clean, simple look and just updated it with this year's papers and stamps. I also used a circle "window" and popped up the heart to give the card some depth and a little somethin' somethin'.

Paper - Love Letter (of course!), basic black, cherry cobbler and very vanilla card stock
Stamps - Artistic Etchings, Tiny Tags
Ink - basic black
Accessories - vintage brads, cherry cobbler seam binding, 1 3/4" circle punch, heart to heart punch, dimensionals, black floss

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - perfect for a man! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definite classic! The houndstooth pattern is great for a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Tara! I love so much about this card...the colors, the window, the patterns, the ribbon treatment...I guess I love it all! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, I'm so glad you participated in our HSS Challenge. I love how you used the Textured CS and how you made the background. They way you arranged this card is so elegant. Artistic Etchings is now definitely on my Wishlist of stamp sets I have to get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara, what a great card! I just ordered the Love Letter paper, yea. And you used my FAVORITE stamp from the Artistic Etchings. The vintage bad really pops on the Cherry Cobbler binding. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just striking! Perfect in every detail. I'm sure your stampers loved it! Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tara, this is fabulous! Beautiful layering and I really like how you used the Artistic Etchings set, too. The houndstooth DSP is the perfect mix for a masculine card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tara, your card is awesome. I love the houndstooth DSP you used. Thanks for joining our challenge this week. Keep up the awesome creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Very much a masculine Valentine card. I love the texture and depth. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute card and a very adorable blog too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at HSS :)I love your use of DSP, textured paper and contrasting colors, FAB job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great masculine card. So glad you played with us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete