Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Girl's Dress in the Park to a Card - Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge




OK, you know you have it bad for paper crafting when you see a myriad of colors and designs everyday and think to yourself - "Oh I have to remember that combination, design, layout - that would make a great card". A little girl's dress with a brown background and pink and teal flowers  at the softball field prompted that phrase in my head. I almost wanted to take a picture of her dress so I would remember the combination but thought that would look "stalkerish". It may have also had orange flowers  - if only I had taken the picture - mmmm no,  bad idea.

Here is the card that the dress translated into. I wanted something very feminine and my daughter needs thank you cards  - this is the end result. I am going to make more cards using this color combo but I am also going to include orange (ah, the picture could have verified the orange). Since she needs quite a few, I am going to use flower punches and try for a more contemporary look and simpler card. Hopefully I will get that posted tomorrow.

I think I am going to have to put a notepad in my purse for future run ins with inspiration so I don't get arrested:)

Stamps - Artistic Etchings, Chic Boutique
Ink - early espresso, soft suede, melon mambo
Paper - melon mambo, tempting turquoise, early espresso, old olive, pink pirouette, very vanilla
Accessories - little leaves die, finial press embossing folder, label dies, victoria crochet trim, early espresso satin ribbon, dimensionals, glue dots

6 comments:

  1. Tara, you have almost successfully knocked me out of my chair with this one! WOWZA! The color combo is stunning and those flowers look amazing. I was laughing so hard at your post, too...nah, nothing odd about taking photos of people's kids you don't know. Haha! I say go with the notepad. You are too funny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Tara! This is fabulous! Those flowers and the colors are just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, I do that all the time, too! I see people's clothes, then try to go home and recreate what I saw. Good for you that you kept the camera phone in the bag. ;) Great looking card; always love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara,
    This is stunning! Love those colors together and your gorgeous flowers. How did you make those? So cute and dainty!! I get inspiration from little girl clothing all the time too. Notepad, definitely. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all about those flowers Tara - gorgeous gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Tara! Love your little inspiration story!

    ReplyDelete