Sunday, December 6, 2009

PPA19 - Inspiration Challenge - oh by gosh by golly.




This weeks challenge is to gain inspiration from a vintage sled and holly picture. I ended up with a vintage wreath and bow. The beautiful ribbons from the inspiration picture really caught my attention so I started experimenting with bows and greenery. I don't have many tools to create greenery so I used the Medallion stamp as a wreath. I removed the center using my nifty Circle Scissor Plus. I then cut it out and added red glitter to the dots to give it some sparkle. I distressed the edges of the papers ( very vanilla and real red) to give a vintage feel and used dimensionals to mount the wreath. The card is finished with a bow made with 1" double-stitched grosgrain ribbon in real red.

On another note, the weather has finally turned cool here in So. Cal and I no longer have the assistance of the sunshine to take my pictures. I will be experimenting with different lighting methods so bear with my pictures while I try and create decent lighting to photograph my items. (the kids are missing lamps from their rooms) hehehe.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 8. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - home run! I have never seen Medallion turned into a wreath - love it! The sparkle is perfect and the distressing makes it vintage - you go girl! Congrats too on your Late Night Pick...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, from the colors you chose to your creative use of the Medallion stamp. Love all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! A real WOW card. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is awesome! Stunning! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete