Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Little Dresses





Megan in her "Dorothy" dress.


Cutting out this little dress, I was reminded of all the dresses I used to make for Megan. I decided to sew and gather on this card like I used to do with her dresses. When Megan was little  she would ONLY wear dresses. - not just dresses, but frilly dresses. I used to sew her little dresses at night after she went to bed. I remember gathering yards and yards of fabric to make the full skirts and sewing on pearly buttons, trims and decorative ribbons. It was so fun to pick out the fabric, ribbons and buttons. Now my little girl is taller than I am and wears jeans, shirts and sports uniforms.  I now place buttons and ribbons on cards instead of little dresses.  - Where do the time go?

Paper - Sweet Pea DSP, bashful blue, pumpkin pie and whisper white card stock
Stamps - Humor in High Heels, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink - basic black
Accessories - whisper white satin ribbon, pretties, sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. I just love the color combo!! And that pleated fabric is such a great detail. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond adorable! And a wonderful inspiration picture!

    ReplyDelete