Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Can't Wait Toile Spring






Ahhh Spring, with flowers blooming, birds singing and butterflies floating about. PPA's challenge this week is a spring theme. I immediately thought of my new stamp set "Spring Song". This card definitely evolved from the first layout I imagined.  I had something else in my mind when I started with this little humming bird. I knew I wanted to put him in a garden with his beautiful flower. I have had the idea in my head since last week, but along with the beginning of Spring comes baseball, softball, spring football,  and both my kid's birthdays - SO- I didn't have the opportunity to stamp until last night.  I pictured leaves and flowers layered over the hummingbird but I just couldn't get the effect I wanted until I put him over the Belle Toile stamp. I am pleased with how he turned out and am ready for Spring - and a nap!

Papers - whisper white and old olive card stock
Stamps - Spring Song, Belle Toile, Hugs and Wishes
Ink - Old Olive, Basic Grey, Baja Breeze, Real Red
Accessories - scallop border punch, old olive satin ribbon, dimensionals, perfect polka dots embossing folder

2 comments:

  1. Tara, very pretty with the Bella Toile!
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and elegant! Love how you used the iamges on the toile stamp - great pop of color! You are an artist! Glad you play at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete