Friday, March 19, 2010

Sometimes a Chick Has to Get Dirty - PPA34 Sketch Challenge





This week's PPA challenge is a sketch challenge. I was feeling a bit chickish and thought I would take out  Country Morning. I had to give my chicken a proper rustic treatment and I couldn't find the right elements without diving back into Autumn Meadows. I am hoarding that now (yes the papercrafter's sickness) so I needed to use something different. That is when I decided to take the leap and ink my texture plates. I know, I know! Get my plates dirty? ... but it's my sacred crafting equipment! Well, I held my breath, turned the crank and immediately ran for the sink to wash my plates. When I actually looked at the outcome I was pleasantly surprised at the results. I am glad I took the leap because the paper turned out perfectly for my chicken and now that I have conquered that fear, I can create an endless number of background papers. 
Not only can you apply ink and paint to your texture plates, you can also apply ink and paint to your embossing folders. Since they are plastic, they clean up beautifully. I am sure you will see more of my inked textured papers in the future.



Stamps - Country Morning, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper - chocolate chip, not quite navy, ruby red, whisper white card cardstock
Ink - really rust, more mustard, going grey, basic black, sahara sand, old olive, not quite navy, real red, chocolate chip
Accessories- blender pen, chocolate chip corduroy buttons, antique brads, 1" double stitched chocolate chip ribbon, texture plates, Sizzix Big Shot.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - gorgeous - gorgeous! Love how that inky thing worked out! Do you just wipe it on the plates with a sponge? I may have to get brave and try this! Thanks for sharing it at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate getting dirty and have not tried this technique yet. You have definately pushed me in that direction. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection! Love the texture! Since I am a Dirty Girl now, I guess I will try to dirty my plates! LOL Love the colors and your choice of stamp! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this, Tara! The colors are gorgeous! Love the look of the ink added to the texture plates! So much depth! Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete