Monday, May 10, 2010

I Scream, You Scream, We all Scream for Ice Cream





I am fortunate to belong to a lovely stamp group that meets each month. This is a card I brought for the gals to make. Our theme was summer and I was anxious to use the new Sweet Scoops stamps from the Summer Mini-Catalog. I also wanted to use some bright cheerful colors and combined pumpkin pie, bashful blue, pretty in pink and melon mambo for a fresh color scheme. The cherry background paper was made by inking a texture plate with pretty in pink ink, then stamping cherries onto the textured paper.

 I am definitely ready for summer -  and a little ice cream.

Paper - Pumpkin Pie DSP, whisper white, bashful blue, pumpkin pie card stock
Stamps - Sweet Scoops
Ink - creamy carmel, pretty in pink, rose red, old olive, basic black
Accessories - Dazzling diamonds glitter, crystal effects, circle and scallop dies, pretty in pink satin ribbon, button, corner rounder punch, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. This card is YUMMY! Beautiful, colorful and such an awesome design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Tara! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! Love the cherry stamped piece sandwiched between the orange polka dot pieces! Great contrast to the scalloped circle featuring the cone! Great color combo, too! Congrats to on being one of Nancy Riley's iPicks this week! Love your style, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colors and layout! Awesome summery card!

    ReplyDelete