Monday, May 17, 2010

Our Creative Corner Masculine Cards





Our Creative Corner challenge this week focuses on Masculine Birthday cards. I think these are the trickiest for most paper crafters. When designing a masculine card, I think the most important element is color. I like to stick with earth tones with a punch of a primary color. Here I have paired black, kraft, not quite navy and whisper white with an added punch of a real red button. Masculine cards can be distressed or clean and a little hardware is always a nice touch.

Paper - not quite navy, black, kraft, whisper white card stock
Stamps - Happy Everything
Ink - basic black, real red
Accessories - real red button, square lattice embossing folder, dimensionals, silver brads, circle dies.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I REALLY like this! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, I really like how you transformed your solid paper into something fantastic! Thanks for playing at CAS-Tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is striking - just terrific! And congrats on your iPicks this week - you so deserve it it! I love your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the layers and texture! What a perfect masculine card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete