Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Bathroom Organization - 14 Weeks to an Organized Home





A few weeks ago I enrolled in the above program from A Bowl Full of Lemons . Even though I started late, I am still keeping to the schedule and plugging along. I can say that there is a great sense of satisfaction after finishing some long needed organization in my home. I joke about the direct relationship between the state of my house and my mental health but there is definitely truth to it. With 2 active kids, 2 dogs a cat and a traveling husband, many organizing and cleaning tasks have fallen to the wayside - BUT NO MORE.

Today I will share my bathroom organization with you. I start my day in the bathroom and the organized drawers and items create less stress at the beginning of the day. I don't have "before" pics but here are the "afters"

My Face Products - I keep these on the counter in a silver tray since I use them multiple times per day
I also organized my husbands frequently used items in a tray

My Makeup drawer is arranged using clear trays and pretty shelf liner. I have a small row of lip products that aren't shown in the picture but are directly above this tray.
I keep my hair products, nail tools, glass cases in the next drawer, followed by extra soaps and hand creme
When we remodeled our bath, we decided to put in a "coffee bar" - or small counter that can accommodate a coffee maker. We use the cabinet above the bar for a medicine cabinet with products arranged in white bins for cough and cold and travel items. The smaller drawers contain band-aids, antiseptic cream, medicine cups, thermometers and smaller items.

So here is the "organized sink" area, with drawers organized and towels stacked neatly in the cabinets under the sinks.

Later I will be posting the assignment for The Office or in my case, my craft closet. Let me know if you decide to TAKE THE CHALLENGE.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks amazing. I wouldn't even have a clue where to start in our messy bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks FANTASTIC! I'm loving all of the inspiration from A Bowl Full of Lemons, and am actually excited to get my house organized! I totally believe that my mental health is directly tied to the state of my house! Well done!

    ReplyDelete